Monday, October 22, 2007

Just to Share

I came across this article the other day. Others have blogged about it, and better than me, so I will keep it short. I always sensed that religion had a problem with sex, but I had no idea that "higher rates of belief in and worship of a creator correlate with higher rates of homicide, juvenile and early adult mortality, STD infection rates, teen pregnancy, and abortion in the prosperous democracies."

I know that correlation is not the same a causation, but some of it makes sense if you think about it. The increased abortions and STD rates probably have a lot to do with religion actively restricting knowledge about the whole sexual process. The reason for the homicide and mortality rates aren't as obvious to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Iron Soul.