Friday, February 22, 2008

9 Weeks

Yes I skipped the 10 week post. There really wasn't much to say and I was busy skiing so I just took the week off.

Over the last two weeks, I've ordered some supplies (posing trunks, ProTan), signed up for a tanning package at the gym, and begun working on my posing. So far I'm just practicing the mandatories and the symmetry poses. I did get an instructional video to help me out. Not sure it was worth the money, but it is somewhat helpful and has helped me relax about that part of the process.

I did pretty good sticking to the diet over the ski weekend. I was somewhat worried that I'd have a hard time, but I guess this is supposed to be hard. It has paid off and I'm now below 170 lbs. The weather has improved so I busted out the grill and cooked up some buffalo steak. Not too bad, but I'm still getting used to it.

The bad news is I've had an odd work shift this week and have had to commute into the city for classes. To get my workouts in I had to go at 0500. I'm sort of short on energy at that time of day and not as limber as I should be. I ended up with a strained back on legs day. So I haven't lifted much since then. I'm still trying to keep up the cardio, but walking is uncomfortable. I hope it clears up fast. At least I can still work on posing. that actually loosens me up. I'll try to take more photos this week.

No comments: