Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Oprah Rant

I'm not the biggest Oprah fan. As far as I'm concerned she give far too much credulity to anti-vaccination wooers, among other things. But that isn't what is bugging me this time.

As part of my training, I've started putting in some treadmill time after lifting most days. I'm usually there at about 4:00pm which is when Oprah comes on around here. She is always on one of the TVs in the cardio area. I'm not sure what her theme has been lately because I don't listen to the audio, but I do know that she has been devoting a lot of time to pizza and ice cream the last few days. I'm trying to stick to a diet.

So there I am sweating on the treadmill looking ahead to a nice piece of flavorless boiled chicken and some dry salad or something and Oprah is poring fudge on her cold stone creamery cone. I'm not very pleased. Maybe next week will be fashion week or something. Some anoexic models might leave me in a more productive state of mind.

3 comments:

ERV said...

Dude go to the grocery store-- go to the frozen veggie section. Look for these boxes by Green Giant-- dumb names like 'IMMUNITY MIX!' or 'EYE HEALTH MIX!!' omg dude-- $1.30, 4 minutes, GREAT veggies, 40-50 calories per serving (100 for the whole box) INCLUDING THE SAUCE!

Add the extra sauce to your plain chicken!

Anonymous said...

Name: Amber
Oprah's 4 interviews with Jill Bolte Taylor were the first that Oprah did after Eckhart Tolle and they take everything Tolle talks about to another level. Oprah's copy of Jill's book, MY STROKE OF INSIGHT, was dog-eared and all marked up and kept reading from it the way she read from A New Earth and recommended it highly.

Oprah's recommendation was enough for me. I read My Stroke of Insight and I loved it too. This story is as inspiring as The Last Lecture or Tuesdays with Morrie - and even better, it has a Happy Ending!

I bought the book on Amazon because they have it for 40% off retail and they also had an amazing interview with Dr Taylor that I haven't seen anywhere else - Here is the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/My-Stroke-Insight-Scientists-Personal/dp/0670020745/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211471755&sr=1-2

Anonymous said...

I read "My Stroke of Insight" in one sitting - I couldn't put it down. I laughed. I cried. It was a fantastic book (I heard it's a NYTimes Bestseller and I can see why!), but I also think it will be the start of a new, transformative Movement! No one wants to have a stroke as Jill Bolte Taylor did, but her experience can teach us all how to live better lives. Her TED.com speech was one of the most incredibly moving, stimulating, wonderful videos I've ever seen. Her Oprah Soul Series interviews were fascinating. They should make a movie of her life so everyone sees it. This is the Real Deal and gives me hope for humanity.